Board of Director Hawaii Foundation for Educators (HFE)
Past president of member Hawaii Civil Rights Commission
Retired DOE Special Education
Joan Lee Husted
Commissioner-U.S. Education Commission of the States
Board Members of Aloha United Way and HSTA-Retired
Currently serves as HEA & HEAIA Treasurer
President of the Hawaii Alliance for Retired Americans
Administrator for HSTA-Retired
HEA Board of Directors
Retired educator over 20 yrs on Kaua`i and Mainland
Commissioner-Hawaii Commission for National & Community Service
Legislative Advocate-AARP/American Cancer Society, Kaua`i Elderly Advisory
Instructional Coach at Kapolei High School
Commissioner, Hawaii Civil Rights Commission
Professional Development and Educational Research Institute New Principal Academy mentor/coach
Hawaii Department of Education administrator retired
Oahu Interscholastic Association and Hawaii High School Athletic Association past president
Learning Forward Hawaii board member
Castle Alumni/Community Association member
Teacher, Waiahole Elementary School
Excellence in Teaching and Learning (ExTL) Associate
Members of the HEA Board of Directors are composed of seven (7) directors elected by Association members. Board members serve two-year overlapping terms and normally meet five times a year.
Joining the Hawaii Education Association
Eight categories of HEA membership:
1. Active Member: Any person in educational service of a professional nature in the State of Hawaii.
2. Retired Member: Any person in retired from educational service of a professional nature in the State of Hawaii.
3. Life Member: Prior to 01 July 2012, any person upon retirement from active service who:
a. For ten consecutive years immediately prior to the date of retirement has been a paid member of the Association, or
b. For twenty or more years has been a paid member of the Association, provided he/she was a paid member for two years immediately preceding his/her retirement.
4. Student Membership: Student Members shall be actively enrolled in an institute of higher learning. Student members in good standing shall enjoy all the benefits of membership and be entitled to vote on matters submitted to a vote of the members, but are not entitled to hold office.
5. Associate Member: Any person interested in advancing the cause of Education. (Does not participate in Governance).
6. Honorary Member: Designated by the Board of Directors in recognition of distinguished service to Education in Hawaii.
7. Organization Member: An organization which is interested in advancing the cause of education.
8. Business Member: A business which is interested in advancing the cause of education.
For more information on joining HEA, please contact us or download the pdf application and mail to:
Hawaii Education Association
1953 South Beretania St., Suite 5C
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
Telephone: (808) 949-6657
Toll-free: (866) 653-9372
Fax: (808) 944-2032
Please have a look at our past presidents of HEA.
Membership Enrollment Form