Our Centennial Awards
A Century of Supporting Teachers: One Time Special Centennial Awards
The HEA is presenting special, one-time awards to celebrate its centennial year. Eligible applicants include the following:
- $5,000 Award: An individual educator in a Hawaii DOE school, Hawaii charter school, or HAIS school
- $5,000 Award: A school administrator in a Hawaii DOE school, Hawaii charter school, or HAIS school
- $5,000 Award: Higher Education faculty in Hawaii college of university
- $5,000 Award: A sponsor of a club/academy that promotes teaching as a profession in a Hawaii high school
- $10,000 Award: A school-based team in a Hawaii DOE school, Hawaii charter school, or HAIS school
- $10,000 Award: A state approved Hawaii based teacher education program
Criteria for the award: You will be asked to describe how you (your team) have or have plans to implement innovative programs or practices that will support students, educators, and/or the school community in the 2022-2023 year:
- Had a positive impact supporting and encouraging colleagues in their schools
- Designed creative solutions to deliver curriculum
- Impacted the wider school community to support and strengthen the home-school connection
- Implemented new approaches to support pre-service educators as they prepare to become Hawaii teachers. This category is limited to state approved Hawaii Educator Preparation Programs.
Deadline for submission is February 25, 2022, at 5:00 pm HST.